Saturday, November 6, 2010

It's just one of those things....

"A crowd was sitting around Him, and they said to Him, "Behold, Your mother and Your brothers are outside looking for You. Answering them, He said, "Who are My mother and My brothers? Looking about at those who were sitting around Him, He said, "Behold My mother and My brothers!"
Mark 3:32-34

I should not have looked at the Israel photos from GCBI. Maybe it was Beauty and the Beast that I watched or who knows but man after looking at those photos my heart hurt. The family that we had at GCBI was one of the greatest things that has ever happened in my life. Maggie, Erin, Chelsea, Doug and Tommy(even though Doug and Tommy were from the past) Are seriously my brothers and sisters. The love that I have for these people is in fact overwhelming to me. I'm not a very "emotional" guy but thinking about those guys brings me to tears. Funnier even is the something that Pastor Randy said to me on graduation which was "to soften". It's something that I have been working on but it's more obvious now than ever than I have become a baby concerning these people! It was sparked by seeing Erin last night in the GCBI building. It was just one of those things that was awesome. I can't even put it in words how much these people mean to me, it's kinda scary. I haven't seen Elijah who was basically my roomate all year since him and Doug left for NC and it sucks. Those two people are my brothers. Relationships that are overwhelming. Our family has been separated for the summer and then some and it's crazy to look back on all the fun we had. It was the Greatest year of my life hands down. Maggie and Erin are in town but Chelsea, Lige, Dougy, Tommy are all gone. Yes temporarily but still.....them being gone sucks. To not be able to walk down the hall and talk to Doug or roll over and make fun of Lige's sheets sucks. Not being woken up by Tommy attacking me in my bed or being made fun of by Erin stinks. Not getting to talk thug to Maggie or having Chelsea's ending comment "Dear So and So........words.....Love Chelsea" is nuts! In retrospect these are some of the things that I took for granted all the time and now that my family isn't here it's sad. Maybe I suck at processing things....I am still trying to process Israel but man....I miss GCBI a lot. Everyone is doing great and I understand that it was just a time in life but still.....I'm not the greatest with words that's pretty obvious but it hit my like a ton of bricks looking through photos how much those people mean to me. How much not having them in my life everyday sucks even though I love everything God is doing in my life.

I don't know what this is about other then trying to adequately put into the words how these people have effected my life how great the year was that I got to spend with them. It was an honor to live with them, an honor to enjoy life together, an honor to get to know some of best people I've ever met and an honor to call them brothers and sisters. My life is better for having known them, my walk with the Lord is better because of them and my heart is better for being able to love them. Thank you guys, you mean the world to me and I can't even use the right words to describe how much I love and appreciate you!

P.s.- I feel it's safe to say you would have never heard me say this out loud. lol Softening is a work in process though!

1 comment:

  1. Devon,

    I've tried my hardest to put in into words too. I fumble around but nothing really describes it right. People still ask me, "So, did you like Bible school?" Like doesn't cut it. Neither does absolutely loving it. It was the best year of my life too. Meeting such incredible people who challenge me in my walk more than I could imagine has been one of the biggest blessings in my life. It's neat to know that there are others who understand the intensity of my love towards Sebring and the people. But then I have to remind myself it's God who made those people. It's Him who put them in my life and ultimately I have to put the focus on Him. Anyway, you almost made me cry!

    ReplyDelete