Monday, March 21, 2011

Malachi

Pastor Randy always finds a way to use scripture to kinda beat you up a little bit not to intentionally bring us down but rather challenge us with what the Lord is saying which calls us to better our relationship with the Lord and ourselves. Thats exactly what this book was for me. It's what I needed and I loved every minute of it because it brought this book to life for me again in a powerful way.

The people had taken God's blessing for granted and even ask the question, "How have you loved us?" Israel is asking the Lord how He has loved them! That's mind blowing to me but as the same time....that is me! God is the loving parent and I'm the spoiled child focusing on the things he hasn't given me yet, ignorant to the amazing blessings he has!

Interestingly enough I think God's word is clear in the first 5 verses that God has always provided and blessed His people. Beyond that I think His word is clear that He LOVES to bless his people. When we walk with God, He loves to bless us, as his kids, because when we walk with Him. That's when God gives us what He wants us to have! Things that grow us and makes us more and more look like Him like in 1st John 3 because He knows us! He knows us because He created us! He knows the plans for our lives and when we walk with Him that's when we truly get the blessing He desires for us to have.

No comments:

Post a Comment