Saturday, March 20, 2010

Danger!Danger! Running at 10% capacity.






"Do all things without grumbling or disputing; so that you will prove yourselves to blameless and innocent, children of God above reproach in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among who you appear as lights to the world, holding fast the word of life, so that in the day of Christ I will have reason to glory because I did not run i vain or toil in vain." Philippians 2:14

Today GCBI mulched the playground and such getting ready to prepare for the Easter Eggstravaganza. I'm the kinda of person who loves to serve and not for the "hey good job" but because I love people and helping them. Why is this though? I was thinking and realized every things I do whether cleaning the floor at the institute or mulching the playground I can get away with doing a B job instead of an A one. I know I can and even further than that I can pass it off as an A job to other people but to myself and to the Lord he knows! Psalm 139:1 says he searches me and knows me! With verses like this I always see the scary and the exciting about God. Of course this means he knows whether I tried enough or not and whether I settled with less then my best. That scares me because how many times do we do the least amount of work possible? Then we pass it off as if we have done some great work for the kingdom of God when we literally gave 10% the effort we should have! He knows and we are fine with giving only 10% to our God our maker sometimes and as Paul says "may it never be". If we start doing that with one thing soon it will creep into another and then another and before we know it God is getting a "Hi God, Bye God" once a day and we are content! When we give less effort in one place inevitably it will show up in another so we need to keep fighting and striving because we know we are working for the King of Universe and he knows our hearts in all we do.

Father you are good. All you do is good because that is your character and you get to define what good is. Even saying this causes my heart to beat rapidly because it longs to contend with you in telling me what is good. I know however Lord sometimes it leads me down the wrong path but You never will. God search me and show me if in anything I do I'm not doing it to the best of my ability for You. You are truth Lord and apart from a relationship with you I will never know what truth and knowledge is because fearing you is the beginning of all knowledge says Proverbs 1:7. May I never despise your wisdom or your instruction because I know anything short of my entire life in complete surrender will hurt my relationship with you. I love you father.

No comments:

Post a Comment