Sunday, August 23, 2009

August 22nd and 23rd, 2009

Well it has been an exciting past two days to say the least. I did not not get to blog it up last time based on the fact the Internet was down at GCBI. I know bummer but Cameron is fixing it and we are doing our best with what we have. Yesterday was a pretty boring day all in all I mean we had a free day so nothing really happened except for a party at the Taylor's which was good because I got to see the Youth I so desperately feel are my battleground. I can see God put them in my life and I in there's and its really cool to hear that they like to hear my teaching which is inspired by the Lord and through Randy who is inspired by the text through the lord working through him which someone did the same to him I have no doubt...what an amazing pattern!!! God has given me a lot to do based on this full load at SFCC which I will happily take and look forward to doing my best to give the God through me. This morning was Sunday which is by the best day of my week hands down. Pastor Randy hit home in his first message about looking the part but not having the Word and your missing the key piece to a puzzle. Its so true! With out knowledge of the word you will not only be able to defend yourself with the Sword of light (which is the bible in the armour of Chirst that we put on if I remember correctly but also how can we truly witness to someone with out knowing his word and have a firm stance on what we believe. Blind faith is just not an option and shouldn't be were we set the bar because when we set it that low no one wins. Christ was about making disciples and Man Randy hit on that in the first service in 2nd Kings. How cool is that! The second service was on John 8 and how we "need not cast the first stone' But it wasn't like that at all lol. Jesus allows do overs and if we confess our sins he will forgive us but some sins you don't get a do over on. The knowledge that flows out of Randy on to us is spectacular. The way the Lord is using him to disciple us is just exciting and I can't help but smile when he talks because I just look forward to soaking up so much of the knowledge the Lord has given him and to pour that out on someone else and bam bam bam its spreading like wild fire. Why people try to act like God can't see there sin and hide it is crazy. And we all do it!! Even going back to Adam and Eve they tried to wiggle there way out of sin and pass the blame!
Tonight we read the Fall of Satan and then Genesis 1- 36 I believe followed by Job through 10. What a great experience to just have 9 people including Cameron and SB to just be in the word thinking over it reading through it as a family of the lord and listening to the Lord's love letter. Is there any better way to spend your time?? Ask me in 8 days when we read the entire thing and I have a feeling the answer will be an emphatic NO. Can't wait to read the bible though I won't be able to blog about my experience I will be keeping a Journal and then transfer it over. God is doing great things at GCBI and I can;t wait to jump into his word heads first for 8 straight days!

No comments:

Post a Comment